Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ruin-ing the Language

Finally!! I managed this write-up, as this post comes after a very long gap. Probably, just because Im too lazy to type. I wish i had some kinda memory-mapping device that would map my thoughts to the PC... ;) (too bad dont have such a gadget) .

Anyhow coming back to the point, a recent scrap on one of my social-networking profiles left me kind-of perplexed. It said "Congos babes!!". Huh?
I was like where does this one comes from. Why cant one type the word Congratulations instead? It just steals away the meaning of the word and the feelings associated with it. Is it that difficult to use such a beautiful language in a proper manner? Over the years, the quality of The English Language has been degrading. And we cant blame the Americans alone for fucking the language... :x
There was a time when I desperately wanted to pursue English as a subject in my graduation. But, but, but... landed myself in computers. Had i not cleared the enterance i would surely had taken up English!! (Hard luck)

Tutorials becomes Tutes
Laptop becomes Lappy
and how can i forget the most recent one CONGOS!!

Is it the shortage of time or an attempt to sound cool? This one is still unanswered...
How cool is it to rape a word off its meaning.. I wonder how wil our forthcoming generations speak English.. I guess only the initials will be used for a particular word.

I admit, that i myself use quiet a lot of abbreviations.. SUP, BTW, LOL... :X to name a few. Trust me Im trying hard to give it up..(and it is quiet tough).
This blog is an intentional effort to do so(no abbreviations used in the entire post ) ;)

So I request to keep the coolnes within you and stop Ruining what is not meant to be ruined :)

3 comments:

  1. Thought provoking indeed!
    I feel bad when i see such kind of abbreviations being used just about everywhere and at times it takes me a while to figure out the exact word.I believe the SMS is largely responsible for all this,we never really realized when 'you' became 'u','the' became 'd' and so on.
    Nice write up,keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok here i go again dis tym gona copy paste in case i lose it again... now cumin 2d blog, pretty impressive,... seems u sure hv matured in ur bloggin skills, dint really sounded like parul (or if i myt tk d liberty n say hasmukh :P),sure u poured out ur heart 4 d language my frnd, nvr wud hv ne1 supportd dis cause wid so much passion my frnd.... hahahahah (ok i'll b damnd 4 sure) bet v hv nthr blogger amnst us, major competition 4 others,n it wud b fun 2 hear u say SUP in all coolness :P dnt really remmber u sayin it tho but still,, alwaz ready 4 new stuff(sup is pretty ol tho :D ,,ya ok mera kuck ni hona, bahoot joote padege ek din)... oh btw(ohh shudnt b usin dat or shud i???) wot ws d CONGOS 4??? jokes apart gr8 blog n a gud effort... really mature in d blog baki tera toh pata hai tune hasmukh hi rehna hai n dats d best way 4u :P so dnt b lazy (hahahaha mein bool raha hun)n keep bloggin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome babes realli i dint knew u wer so gud...very nice..cumin 2 ur blog it left me thinking wot more modifications our forthcoming generations wud use..realli i think ppl ruin d language jst 2 sound cool.. d slight modifications r okie if u want to be informal but congos wud left ny1 thinking for a while..:D
    keep blogging dear u hv a awesome writer in u..

    ReplyDelete